GCzII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log submit failed? - Resolved - see last few posts on page 3

+2
SecretAgentMan
swemex
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Log submit failed? - Resolved - see last few posts on page 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Log submit failed? - Resolved - see last few posts on page 3

Post  swemex Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:00 am

I never found the fieldnotes.txt. I've reinstalled GczII several times..

swemex

Back to top Go down

Log submit failed? - Resolved - see last few posts on page 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Log submit failed? - Resolved - see last few posts on page 3

Post  PaulLoft Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:02 am

I still think you have a corrupted fieldnotes file sitting somewhere that is causing the problem. But if you can't find it then I don't know what to suggest.

Maybe someone else can offer some suggestions.

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Post  swemex Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:10 am

When I uninstall GczII it leaves a folder behind: \program\GczII\ that I manually removed. But when I install GczII again my old settings are still there?? Is there another folder or file or registry entry that I can remove to get a fresh start?

Thanx for helping, Anders

swemex

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulLoft Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:13 am

Sounds like you have some files in another location. Do you have a memory card in your phone?

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Post  swemex Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:15 am

Yes!

swemex

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulLoft Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:26 am

Is there a GCzII folder in the programs folder on the memory card AND in the programs folder on the device?

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Post  swemex Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:29 am

The GczII folder ends up on the phone if I install GczII there, and on the card if I install it there.. and I have erased the folder in both places!

swemex

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulLoft Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:58 am

This is very odd.
A reinstall of GCz will not erase your cache_db folder and other bits and bobs, and I don't think it will erase your fieldnotes file either.
But if you are manually deleting the folders when reinstalling then that should take care of any issues that might be causing the problem.

The only final thing I can suggest (and still sticking with the fieldnotes issue) is to do a fresh install having deleted the GCz folder(s). If you have just done that with no logging attempts since, then don't do it again.

Make sure there is no fieldnotes.txt file anywhere on your device.

Attempt to post a log to a cache.

Look to see if a fieldnotes.txt file has been created anywhere.

If not, then I think that is your problem.
But I don't know how to solve it Crying or Very sad

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Post  swemex Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:32 am

Hi again and sorry for not replying earlier, I have been on vaccation Smile
When I got back from my vaccation I upgraded my membership at geocaching.com to premium, and now it's working!!

Thanx alot for trying to help me, Anders

swemex

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulLoft Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:37 am

Cool, glad it's working again - thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Never heard of logging being a problem with non premium membership, will have to watch that one. Or maybe it was the vacation that cured it Laughing

I'm sure you won't regret your decision to upgrade your membership, there's some useful tools available to you now.

And if today's changes 'break' GCz, you'll still be able to keep going by using pocket queries to get the caches onto your phone.

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am

I am having the log fail error now....I am a PM, and still have the problem. I tried deleting the fieldnote.txt file, and still no joy.

Admin
Admin

http://gczii.newstarforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:02 am

My current theory is too many trackables in my inventory. I am goingt to go drop some off, and then see what happens.

PS. Yes, I tried deleting my cache database

Edit: I usualy have 4 trackables in my inventory. Right now I have 9.

EDIT: I now have 7 and still have the issue. Have to try to get rid of some more

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulLoft Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:11 am

I'm having problems too this morning, with certain things not working.

Put a gpx file on the phone from GSAK, went to 'Download all caches" to get the maps and images and it doesn't work. Reports 0/0 caches.

Other actions get a 'connection error'

But I can search for a cache and it is ok.

Strange goings on indeed.

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Log submit failed? - Resolved - see last few posts on page 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Log submit failed?

Post  DrRounds2 Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:38 pm

Admin wrote:My current theory is too many trackables in my inventory.
Just confirmed that this is the the problem.
I was holding 8 trackables in my inventory.
I had to reduce it to 6 or less to correct the problem.
To verify that this corrected the problem, I posted three of my logs from today's finds via GCzII and all now posted successfully.
Since these 8 trackables were my personal collection, I have now moved them all to my "Trackables Collection" on Geocaching.com.

DrRounds2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:12 pm

DrRounds2 wrote:
Admin wrote:My current theory is too many trackables in my inventory.
Just confirmed that this is the the problem.
I was holding 8 trackables in my inventory.
I had to reduce it to 6 or less to correct the problem.
To verify that this corrected the problem, I posted three of my logs from today's finds via GCzII and all now posted successfully.
Since these 8 trackables were my personal collection, I have now moved them all to my "Trackables Collection" on Geocaching.com.
That makes me 2 for 2 (remember the PM waypoint issue I figured out?).

I am still stuck with 7 trackables, so I haven't been able to test it myself yet. The problem with moving stuff to your collection is that you can't dip them into caches.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:44 pm

I am now down to 6 trackables in my inventory, and I still can not get the log submission to work. Maybe DrRounds2 meant "less than 6". We will see.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:49 pm

PaulLoft wrote:This is very odd.
A reinstall of GCz will not erase your cache_db folder and other bits and bobs, and I don't think it will erase your fieldnotes file either.
But if you are manually deleting the folders when reinstalling then that should take care of any issues that might be causing the problem.

The only final thing I can suggest (and still sticking with the fieldnotes issue) is to do a fresh install having deleted the GCz folder(s). If you have just done that with no logging attempts since, then don't do it again.

Make sure there is no fieldnotes.txt file anywhere on your device.

Attempt to post a log to a cache.

Look to see if a fieldnotes.txt file has been created anywhere.

If not, then I think that is your problem.
But I don't know how to solve it Crying or Very sad

I had deleted my fildnotes.txt file in an attempt to get this issue fixed before I thought the answer was trackables. Now I have no fildnotes.txt file. Sounds like time for a clean install.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:06 am

I think I am fighting 2 problems. The first was the trackables issue, and just as I solved that one, the new issue started. The new issue I think is just v.51 doesn't work right.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andronicus Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:13 am

Well now that we have version .52 available, most people will not be getting the log submission fail error. I just did some testing to prove that there is still a bug. If you have 6 or more trackables in your inventory, you will get the "log submission fail error".

Andronicus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2