GCzII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSAK GPX export to GCzII, waypoints missing

3 posters

Go down

GSAK GPX export to GCzII, waypoints missing Empty GSAK GPX export to GCzII, waypoints missing

Post  donuts Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:47 am

I have searched for this topic but haven't found something that fits.

When I export a GPX-file from GSAK and import it in GCzII I don't see the waypoints that were there in GSAK and online in GC.
When I import a GPX-file directly from GC it works fine.

Are there any export settings in GSAK or a macro for it that solves this problem?

donuts

Back to top Go down

GSAK GPX export to GCzII, waypoints missing Empty Re: GSAK GPX export to GCzII, waypoints missing

Post  tmax Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:42 am

Isn't this a GSAK problem....

tmax

Back to top Go down

GSAK GPX export to GCzII, waypoints missing Empty Re: GSAK GPX export to GCzII, waypoints missing

Post  donuts Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:10 am

tmax wrote:Isn't this a GSAK problem....

I don't know if it is a GSAK problem but it is a problem that GSAK has with GCzII and I thought there would be somebody using these two great programs together experiencing the same problem and might has solved it...

donuts

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulLoft Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:05 pm

I use GSAK with GCz all the time and haven't noticed this problem.

Do you have a specific cache you can quote where this problem is happening and i'll try and duplicate it on my setup.

Or is it any cache with multiple waypoints?

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Post  donuts Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:59 am

Hello Paul,

it is any cache with aditional waypoints for example GC1FYF2. When I export this to GPX I have no waypoints in GCzII. But it is the same with any other cache. How do you export the GPX file in GSAK? Can you tell me your settings? Thanks for your help.

donuts

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulLoft Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:22 am

donuts wrote:Hello Paul,

it is any cache with aditional waypoints for example GC1FYF2. When I export this to GPX I have no waypoints in GCzII. But it is the same with any other cache. How do you export the GPX file in GSAK? Can you tell me your settings? Thanks for your help.

Hi

Well I have just tried this particular cache twice, importing it into GCz.

The first time I took the GPX file direct from the cache page. The second time I generated the GPX from GSAK, having imported the original cache page GPX file into GSAK.

I got the same result as you with both files. No additional waypoints.

The waypoints do appear if you reload the cache once it is open in GCz.

So is it a GSAK issue? Seems not to be, as the GPX file taken direct from the cache page gave the same result - no waypoints.

So an issue with the way GCz is importing GPX files containing additional waypoints seems to be the culprit.

Interestingly, when importing that one cache into GCz you get a report that says "Imported 1/13 caches" which seems to suggest GCz knows there are 12 additional waypoints, but it is not importing them for some reason.

I'll play around a bit more and see if I can get any further clues.

But I think we can rule out GSAK being the cause of the problem.

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down