GCzII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Solve Most GCz Crash Issues

3 posters

Go down

How to Solve Most GCz Crash Issues Empty How to Solve Most GCz Crash Issues

Post  SecretAgentMan Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:49 am

How to Solve Most GCz Crash and Cache Not Found Issues

There are several things that seem to cause GCz to crash or not function properly. The typical complaint is that GCz has an issue when viewing a cache description, sometimes causing the application to close or return a cache not found error. Some of these issues arise when Geocaching.com publishes updates to the website. Some of the issues arise a new release of GCz due to remnants of a prior version.

There are several fixes that typically resolve the problem:

1. Insure that you are running the current version. At the time of this post, the current version is 0.2.35.50. Download it HERE.
2. Find the \Cache_DB folder and delete everything in it. Don't delete the folder, just the stuff inside it. These are older, "cached" entries that can cause crashes.

NOTE: Deleting the files in \Cache_DB will also delete waypoints and notes. Waypoints (.wpt) and notes (.pwi) are saved in each cache folder (the folder name is the waypoint name.) If you do not want to lose this information, back these files up. THIS POST describes how one user selectively deletes files in \Cache_DB.

3. Make sure that your language setting on Geocaching.com is set to "English".
4. Review recents posts in this forum to see if you can find a fix.

Last edited by SecretAgentMan on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:55 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Update 8/14/10)

SecretAgentMan

Back to top Go down

How to Solve Most GCz Crash Issues Empty How to remove exe file please

Post  david1052 Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:28 am

Hi
I have down loaded vertion 47 and the zip file 49 but I am second to usless when it comes to computers I know that I have to remove the old exe file and put the latest one on but try as I may several times I just can not seem to remove the old exe file. Answears in realy dumb plain english please I am using a HTC 2 Hd
Thanks David

david1052

Back to top Go down

How to Solve Most GCz Crash Issues Empty Re: How to Solve Most GCz Crash Issues

Post  Admin Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:40 am

Just copy the new exe file into the GCzII folder. It is located at .../program files/gczii. It may be on your storage card, or on your main memory, depending where you installed gczii. It will ask you if you want to copy over the old one, select yes.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

http://gczii.newstarforum.com

Back to top Go down

How to Solve Most GCz Crash Issues Empty Thanks

Post  david1052 Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:29 am

Just done exactly that and as you say Bobs your uncle after 5 hours on it I dont care who is my uncle thanks David

david1052

Back to top Go down

Post  SecretAgentMan Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Glad you finally got it working!!! How to Solve Most GCz Crash Issues Icon_cheers

SecretAgentMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down