GCzII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GCxii.exe error message problem

2 posters

Go down

GCxii.exe error message problem Empty GCxii.exe error message problem

Post  ceecee Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:19 am

Hi -
I am new to geocaching and just downloaded the GCzII version 0.2.35.45 yesterday on my HTC HD2. After working through several problems and finding the answers on the xda forum I thought I finanlly had it working. But--not so. Now, when I try to download a cache from the GS site, I get this error message on my phone: "Problem has occurred with GCzII.exe". Then, the program shuts down. When I restart the program, the cache is saved to a file though.

Please tell me what I am doing/not doing right.

Thanks!!

ceecee

Back to top Go down

GCxii.exe error message problem Empty Re: GCxii.exe error message problem

Post  acejavelin Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:50 am

Did you delete all your old cache data??? This is a common problem, also make sure your language choice on geocaching.com is English.
acejavelin
acejavelin

Back to top Go down

GCxii.exe error message problem Empty GCzII.exe error message and program crash

Post  ceecee Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:34 am

acejavelin wrote:Did you delete all your old cache data??? This is a common problem, also make sure your language choice on geocaching.com is English.

Thanks for your answer.

Yes- My language is set to English.

Did I delete all my old cache data? Just started today and have 4 that show little file folder icons in the list. When I went to try to delete them, I can't find where they are to delete.

I went to Menu>Cache List>Prev Cache List> --this shows the list I got when I did a zip code search with 4 that show little file folders in the list. I deleted that list then did a new zip code search but the file folder icons were still there.

I then did new search, clicked on a cache, got the map, then it crashed again with the same .exe message.

Any other ideas???? Am I doing something wrong??

Thanks!!

ceecee

Back to top Go down

Post  acejavelin Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:46 am

Delete all your old cache info, it is located in the \Program Files\GCzII\Cache_DB folder. Don't delete the folder itself, just all the contents inside the folder.
acejavelin
acejavelin

Back to top Go down

Post  acejavelin Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:48 am

ceecee wrote:I then did new search, clicked on a cache, got the map, then it crashed again with the same .exe message.

What map are you talking about, Google Map, or the static maps in GCzII... some people have had issues with the static maps and find disabling them fixes the issue.
acejavelin
acejavelin

Back to top Go down

GCxii.exe error message problem Empty Which map are you using??

Post  ceecee Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:12 pm

acejavelin wrote:
ceecee wrote:I then did new search, clicked on a cache, got the map, then it crashed again with the same .exe message.

What map are you talking about, Google Map, or the static maps in GCzII... some people have had issues with the static maps and find disabling them fixes the issue.

Sorry to say-- I don't know. It might be the static maps, because I didn't make any changes that I know of. As you can tell, I am VERY new to this.

Can you please tell me how I would know? Also, how do I change to Google Maps if that is what I should do?

I tried to find out to answer this, but it keeps crashing and shutting down (original problem from original post)

Thanks!!

ceecee

Back to top Go down

Post  acejavelin Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Static maps are in the description of the cache (select the cache, then the description button, scroll down)... Google Maps is a button on the main cache page (after you select one from the list, that is the main cache page) that calls the Google Map application, a separate piece of software available from Google. Disabling static maps is in the Options\Downloads settings, uncheck all the maps (going from memory, PDA is at home and I am at work).

acejavelin
acejavelin

Back to top Go down

GCxii.exe error message problem Empty GCxII.exe error message program shuts down

Post  ceecee Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:02 pm

acejavelin wrote:Static maps are in the description of the cache (select the cache, then the description button, scroll down)... Google Maps is a button on the main cache page (after you select one from the list, that is the main cache page) that calls the Google Map application, a separate piece of software available from Google. Disabling static maps is in the Options\Downloads settings, uncheck all the maps (going from memory, PDA is at home and I am at work).

Using your reply above, I selected another cache, clicked on Google Map, and it set up a map for me. However, when I tried to look at a description of the cache, it shut down again, giving me the same error message as I started this thread with. So, guess that's not causing the .exe error message and program shut down.

EVERY time that I try to look at a description of the cache, it has always shut down. It also shuts down (with error message) when I try to open a cache.

I sure would like to get this running right away as we are leaving in 2 days to go on vacation and I thought it would be fun to try while away.

Thanks again acejavelin for all your help so far!!

ceecee

Back to top Go down

Post  acejavelin Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:21 pm

This really sounds like old cache information in the Cache_DB folder, are you sure you completely cleared it with GZcII CLOSED (not minimized)?

You could also try this:

1) Remove GCzII completely via control panel
2) Navigate to \Program File\GCzII and delete the entire directory
3) Reboot device
4) Reinstall 0.2.35.45 from the orginal CAB file on NICQUE Freeware site (http://1942.rocketspace.net/PQzII/GCzII_20100605_2130_0235_45.cab)
5) DO NOT RUN GCzII at this time
6) Copy the 0.2.35.46 EXE file into the \Program Files\GCzII directory, replacing the existing GCzII.EXE file
7) Start GCzII and verify the version number in the lower left-hand corner of the main screen is 0.2.35.46
8 ) Config and wait for satellite lock
9) Try to pull a cache list of caches near location and open one

Not sure what else to try, lots of people use the application on HTC HD2 with no issues (I am not one of them, I use a Dell Axim with a custom WM6.1 ROM).

Note sure how else I can help on this one...
acejavelin
acejavelin

Back to top Go down

Post  ceecee Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:11 pm

acejavelin wrote:This really sounds like old cache information in the Cache_DB folder, are you sure you completely cleared it with GZcII CLOSED (not minimized)?

You could also try this:

1) Remove GCzII completely via control panel
2) Navigate to \Program File\GCzII and delete the entire directory
3) Reboot device
4) Reinstall 0.2.35.45 from the orginal CAB file on NICQUE Freeware site (http://1942.rocketspace.net/PQzII/GCzII_20100605_2130_0235_45.cab)
5) DO NOT RUN GCzII at this time
6) Copy the 0.2.35.46 EXE file into the \Program Files\GCzII directory, replacing the existing GCzII.EXE file
7) Start GCzII and verify the version number in the lower left-hand corner of the main screen is 0.2.35.46
8 ) Config and wait for satellite lock
9) Try to pull a cache list of caches near location and open one

Not sure what else to try, lots of people use the application on HTC HD2 with no issues (I am not one of them, I use a Dell Axim with a custom WM6.1 ROM).

Note sure how else I can help on this one...

Thank you so much for all your help today acejavelin!!

Before I received this latest reply, I found some more info on another forum and copied the version 0.2.35.46 .exe file, and put it in place of the other exe file that was on the phone. I tried looking at 3 different caches on it, and was able to see description, etc and didn't crash!!! Hopefully this will continue to work.

I didn't use that version in the beginning because I read somewhere that it was still a beta version so I thought that might cause me more problems with unknown 'bugs'. Very Happy

Also, thanks for the other PM info. Very Happy I might try to implement that also.

Hope you have a great weekend trip!! Are you geocaching by any chance???

ceecee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down