GCzII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Import GPX

3 posters

Go down

Import GPX Empty Import GPX

Post  iselia Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:10 am

Maybe it could be interesting (to prevent working GCzII from working with every gc.com change) to offer a direct import of the gpx files (of course this would only help premium member, but I think the 30 bucks is worth it)

Cheers and still happy with GCz Wink

iselia

Back to top Go down

Import GPX Empty Re: Import GPX

Post  tmax Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:16 am

Already there Embarassed

Menu - Cache List - Import GPX

tmax

Back to top Go down

Post  iselia Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:40 pm

Maybe I explained myself wrong:

I would prefer a function that fetches the gpx files directly from the website without visiting it.
So, instead of getting the cache information out of the html information (which causes the programm stop working if gc changes something), the information could, as a second solution besides html (for none premium members), be fetched via direct download out of the websites gpx file download.

iselia

Back to top Go down

Post  SecretAgentMan Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:34 pm

iselia wrote:Maybe I explained myself wrong:

I would prefer a function that fetches the gpx files directly from the website without visiting it.
So, instead of getting the cache information out of the html information (which causes the programm stop working if gc changes something), the information could, as a second solution besides html (for none premium members), be fetched via direct download out of the websites gpx file download.

Regarding your first sentence, you don't have to visit the web site to get your .gpx files, since they are e-mailed to you so long as the cache count does not exceed 500. All you need to do is copy them to your phone and import into GCz.

Your second sentence seems to indicate that you want the GCz to download the .gpx directly from GC.com. Unfortunately, the method in which GCz accesses the site involves calls which may break when GC is updated. So even though it might be technically possible to accomplish, we still might not be any farther ahead.

SecretAgentMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down