GCzII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

import gpx from PQ freezes

2 posters

Go down

import gpx from PQ freezes Empty import gpx from PQ freezes

Post  mzpktc Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:09 am

Hi

I'm having a problem with some gpx files generated from gc pocket queries. Most of work just fine but eventually, the import of the gpx into GCzII does not continue at a certain point. In the 'parsing (###) [#.#MB/#.#MB]' box the counter does not increase anymore after a specific amount of caches(I waited for several hours, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't move). The number where it stops is always the same for each gpx file (I did several attempts to import), but differs from gpx file to gpx file. I had the Pocket Query re-run and still got the issue.
Anyhow, the file gpx loads without issues into GSAK.

I suspect certain caches cause a corrupt entry in the gpx file when being 'pocket queried'.
Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this?

EDIT: I use the latest version .50 of GCzII and it's on a HP iPaq 914c with windows mobile 6.1.

Thanks
mzpktc

mzpktc

Back to top Go down

import gpx from PQ freezes Empty Re: import gpx from PQ freezes

Post  PaulLoft Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:17 am

Hi mzpktc

I can't offer any help with your problem at the moment. Because I am having the same problem.

One of my PQs with 50 caches in it does exactly the same thing, gets stuck at a certain point and will not load any further.

GCz does seem to be suffering a few problems at the moment, and much as I hate to say it, now I have Memory Map on board, it may be time to try something different.

I know it is free software and Tom develops it in his spare time, but when there are problems, it would be nice to know if it is a software issue, a website change issue or user error.
We just don't get that feedback and it is getting to be a pain now.

Like the recent problem with the Premium Member thing, it took us all far too long to work out what the problem was by trial and error.
I'm thinking of taking a look at cachemate, which has been recommended to me.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I think we may have reached the point where developer input is required with some of these issues.

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulLoft Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:43 am

Still not able to help with the OP issue I'm afraid but I have found the cause of one of the problems I mentioned above.

It seems if you generate a GPX file from GSAK and import it to GCz, then you can't use "Download all" or "Reload cache" on any of the caches in the imported GPX.
In fact if you try the 'reload cache' option you get the dreaded "cache not found" error.

If the same caches are downloaded direct to the device, everything works fine.

I'm sure this didn't use to be a problem.

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down