GCzII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you mark a waypoint with GCzII?

3 posters

Go down

Can you mark a waypoint with GCzII? Empty Can you mark a waypoint with GCzII?

Post  ceecee Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi -
I am new to geocaching as of yesterday. I installed version 0.2.35.45 on my HTC HD2 smartphone yesterday but have severl problems (listed in other threads).

But I have a question also. When I opened up a cache on my phone, one of the choices is 'waypoint', but it won't 'click/work". Is it possible to mark your way points with this program or is it another problem with my setup?

Thanks

ceecee

Back to top Go down

Can you mark a waypoint with GCzII? Empty Re: Can you mark a waypoint with GCzII?

Post  Admin Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:01 pm

From the cache page, select Menu>Waypoints

Then in the waypoint menue there are several ways to add a waypoint. You can manualy add a waypoint (Menu>Add Waypoint) (this method, Add if from the clipboard (if you have copied coordinates form somewhere else), or Add it from the GPS (current possition)

Admin
Admin

http://gczii.newstarforum.com

Back to top Go down

Can you mark a waypoint with GCzII? Empty Re: Can you mark a waypoint with GCzII?

Post  PaulLoft Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:54 pm

ceecee wrote:Hi -
I am new to geocaching as of yesterday. I installed version 0.2.35.45 on my HTC HD2 smartphone yesterday but have severl problems (listed in other threads).

But I have a question also. When I opened up a cache on my phone, one of the choices is 'waypoint', but it won't 'click/work". Is it possible to mark your way points with this program or is it another problem with my setup?

Thanks

Congrats on your excellent choice of phone Very Happy

To add to the last reply, the Waypoints button on the main cache page will only be active if the cache owner has added extra waypoints for parking areas or points on the route to the cache.

If they have, then when you touch the waypoints button you will get a list of the additional waypoints entered by the cache owner. You will then be able to select one of these and set it as the target.

Mostly useful when you are following a trail and the cache owner has set points at which you need to turn off onto a different path.

Hope that helps.

If you want to test the Waypoint button on the cache page, check out http://coord.info/GC241RK as I know that has 4 additional waypoints to play around with. Don't ask me why I picked that one scratch

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down