GCzII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Android on your Windows Mobile Phone

2 posters

Go down

Android on your Windows Mobile Phone Empty Android on your Windows Mobile Phone

Post  Admin Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:04 am

Yesterday I just installed Android as a duel boot on my HTC Touch (Vogue). After a couple of failed attempts, it is now working. However, I am not really impressed. Seems to me that Windows Mobile 6.5 is more user freindly, and less buggy.

I tried to try out c:geo, but it wouldn't work on my phone. GeoBeagle was OK, but tended to hang up, and was only somewhat intuitive. Oh, ya, if you want to use an external bluetooth GPS, you have to install a special program. But all of them seem to have been pulled from the market place for some reason. So I put one on my memory card, but couldn't get any of the file browser apps that I tried to work. Anyway, I will probably keep it just to impress my friends, but don't think I will end up useing it too much.

Admin
Admin

http://gczii.newstarforum.com

Back to top Go down

Android on your Windows Mobile Phone Empty Re: Android on your Windows Mobile Phone

Post  Andronicus Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:12 am

Well I got c:geo working. It is nice I guess, but not nearly as good as GCzII. The cool thing about geocaching on a Android phone is that google maps on Android is way better! They have put in turn by turn directions to make it just like a automotave GPS.

I think my phone may be a little underpowed for Android. It seems to slow down after doing a bit of stuff. Android does not have good multitasking control. In order to close running apps you have to go back to the app page, and open the app again. Or you can get an app that will close them. There is no native closing available.

And good luck with a bluetooth GPSr...

Andronicus
Admin

Back to top Go down