GCzII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resolved: Google map and cache list issue

5 posters

Go down

Resolved:  Google map and cache list issue Empty Resolved: Google map and cache list issue

Post  Andronicus Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:22 am

Ok, after updating google maps to version 4, my cache lists dont show up in google maps. So I uninstalled google maps, and installed version 3. Cache lists still don't work, but it reports "Community map could not be loaded because it containes errors".

Anyone know a fix for this?

Andronicus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Resolved:  Google map and cache list issue Empty Re: Resolved: Google map and cache list issue

Post  SecretAgentMan Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:44 am

Wow. This is popping up everywhere! There is a thread in this forum HERE but the larger discussion including a summary of what's going on is in the last couple of pages at XDA.

Try this:

With an active data connection on the phone, switch to the "Search by Postal Code/Address screen and search for "44131". Select "Independence, OH 44131, USA" from the next screen. Once the list of caches displays, do a Menu, Google Map to see if a list of caches displays. You should see caches scattered South of Interstate 480 on both sides of Interstate 77.

We've had a number of users all using .50 and GM 4.0.0, Paul and I got it to work fine, but users in Australia and Eastern Europe got the "community layer" error.

If you get an error, using the list generated as above, export a .gpx and an OziExplorer .wpt file and take a look at them. I'll bet that they're both missing the lat/long information. My theory is that for some, the lat/long isn't being passed to GM, causing the error.

SecretAgentMan

Back to top Go down

Resolved:  Google map and cache list issue Empty Re: Resolved: Google map and cache list issue

Post  Admin Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:30 pm

It appears to be confirmed that this is related to Basic vs Primium Membership. Don't know it Tom will be able to fix this as I suspect that GC.com did this to foil basic members getting essentialy PM benefites. So it appears that the fix is to get a PM.

Time to upgrade!

Admin
Admin

http://gczii.newstarforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tmax Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:03 am

Well Gatecacher appears to work.

GCz has the coords in the cache_data just not on the cache_list.
As a layman, it should be pretty easy to fix... Very Happy

tmax

Back to top Go down

Post  switchez Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:14 am

switchez

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Update your GCzII to version .53 to fix the problem. This new version will allow basic members to get a fix asw well.

Admin
Admin

http://gczii.newstarforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down