GCzII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cancel button when transferring from the internet

2 posters

Go down

Cancel button when transferring from the internet Empty Cancel button when transferring from the internet

Post  eddiert Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:55 pm

Maybe this is a bug let me know.
When performing a search, posting a comment, or other times when the app needs to connect to the internet I get a spinning progress indicator and I loose control of the app. If I have good internet connectivity the app finishes what it is doing and comes back with the result. However if internet is spotty (0 or 1 bars) sometimes the app will hang forever, even if signal returns. Worse yet the app does not show up under the HTC task manager and cannot be terminated. From that point the app keeps the phone awake and drains the battery quickly. To regain control the phone must be rebooted.
I would prefer that there be a cancel button (like when you are downloading cache details) that I can stop at any time.
I have an HTC Tilt 2 from ATT /w Windows mobile 6.5. I believe that I have had this problem with my old Verizon 6800 as well.
Thanks.

eddiert

Back to top Go down

Cancel button when transferring from the internet Empty Re: Cancel button when transferring from the internet

Post  SecretAgentMan Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:26 pm

I agree. I have the same issue. It would be even better to test for connectivity and break out if that test fails.

SecretAgentMan

Back to top Go down