GCzII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluetooth GPS support ?

3 posters

Go down

Bluetooth GPS support ? Empty Bluetooth GPS support ?

Post  quintian Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:53 am

Hi all
Forstly, thanks Tom. Great product. I started Geocaching yesterday with my son using a new Garmin Nuvi 1410. Nice unit, but not really suitable for off-road work. A bit of reasearch led me to your product, which is perfect for the job. It's great to see the free market trumping the commercial giants with such aplomb!

The GPS hardware in my Samsung Omnia is, frankly, pathetic. It keeps losing satelites and takes ages to get a fix, if at all. However I have an old (-3yr) Garmin GPS10 bluetoth unit which still works fine. I can get my Omnia to use it via Bluetooth (rather than the internal gps unit) and it works fine. However, when I use GCZii on the Omnia I can't get it to use the bluetooth GPS - it seems to try and use the standard internal gps hardware.

Is there a way to configure this? I only see the various COM ports and GPD1 to n, but no Bluetooth.

Thanks in advance

quintian

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth GPS support ? Empty Re: Bluetooth GPS support ?

Post  nsa_sailor Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:04 pm

On my old phone (HTC 6800) you had to pair the bluetooth gps with the phone and then in the bluetooth options for that device, set it up to communicate through one of the COM ports on the phone. Check the manual on your bluetooth gps.

Another thing I had to do was to NOT use the "Manage GPS Automatically" setting (clear that check box) and to select the same com port and baud rate that the bluetooth gps used. To set these options go through Menu > GPS > GPS Settings.
nsa_sailor
nsa_sailor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andronicus Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:07 am

Oh man, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I has that problem with my HTC Vogue. Here is the deal:

Setup GCzII to use the COM port your bluetooth GPS is setup to use.

If you want the Windows Intermidiat Driver to work with your Bluetooth GPS, you may need to do a ragistry hack. See this post for info on that. http://gczii.newstarforum.com/t18-complications-connecting-bluetooth-gps-to-windows-mobile#26

Andronicus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down