GCzII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gczii and google maps

3 posters

Go down

gczii and google maps Empty gczii and google maps

Post  Sean-Athair Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:42 pm

Is there any way to import caches from gczii on to google maps like you do to a gpz system.

Sean-Athair

Back to top Go down

gczii and google maps Empty Re: gczii and google maps

Post  SecretAgentMan Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:22 am

I'm not sure what a "GPZ system" is, but if you're just trying to display a list of caches on Google Maps on your phone, you can do that. Display a list of caches and then select "Menu, Google Map". You'll need to be a gc.com Premium Member for this to work properly.

If you're trying to display caches on a sharable Google Maps map on your computer, you can do that as well. You can plot caches on a Google map with a .gpx file. In Google Maps, go to "My Maps" and create a new map. Just above where you enter the name for the new map is a link for import. Click on the link and browse to the .gpx file containing the caches you want to plot and import them. You can then click on the individual caches and see the GC code and the sort description.

I've always done this by creating the .gpx file on GC.com, but you can export a .gpx from GCzII. Create a cache list in GCzII and select "Menu, Export, Export GPX. There are sometimes minor variations in .gpx file formats, but hopefully it will work.

SecretAgentMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Andronicus Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:08 pm

I didn't know Google. Maps could import .GPX files. I have always been using GPSBable to convert to. Kml.

Thanks for the tip.

Andronicus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down