GCzII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Static maps

2 posters

Go down

Static maps Empty Static maps

Post  magnil Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:24 am

I have just started with geocaching and GczII. Since I will use it in offline mode while abroad I have questions on Offilne maps:

1 - When looking at offline maps i have no mark on the map where the cache is, I cannot se the cache. Should it be like that? (My daughter uses c:geo on her Android phone and it shows the cache)
2 - Is there any way to automaticly download the static maps? Now I have to manually click every map on every cache.

magnil

Back to top Go down

Static maps Empty Re: Static maps

Post  Admin Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:51 am

magnil wrote:I have just started with geocaching and GczII. Since I will use it in offline mode while abroad I have questions on Offilne maps:

1 - When looking at offline maps i have no mark on the map where the cache is, I cannot se the cache. Should it be like that? (My daughter uses c:geo on her Android phone and it shows the cache)
2 - Is there any way to automaticly download the static maps? Now I have to manually click every map on every cache.
Well, first, read the FAQ on static maps. You will learn some realy cool stuff you can do.

Second, to get the cache location to show up, you need to tap on the map. That will bring up the actual map view that you can scroll around, and see the cache. If you open the static map for a WP, it will (or maybe 'can' depending on settings, I don't remember) show all the WP and the cache.

How to automaticaly download? Use the "Download all" function from the cache list page. make sure that you have chosen to download description images. The static maps are considered description images for some reason.

Admin
Admin

http://gczii.newstarforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:59 am

magnil wrote:... (My daughter uses c:geo on her Android phone and it shows the cache)...
Isn't that "The App That Must Not Be Mentioned"? What is it about that app that makes GS so mad?

Admin
Admin

http://gczii.newstarforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down