GCzII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 more buttons

+3
PaulLoft
Admin
iselia
7 posters

Go down

2 more buttons Empty 2 more buttons

Post  iselia Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:12 am

Hi,

I would find it very helpful if two functions could be included (or placed at another screen)

1. A possibility to do a fast logging like on the screen where the buttons for description, hint and so on are listed. Something like "Fast log" without clicking through the menu
2. A possibility to adjust a timespan for reload of a cache (of the list?) Some explenation for this request: If I understand it right, the list (prev. list) is loaded once and stored. If I have this list since a week and open a cache from it, the log entries and so on will be 1 week old? I would prefere a option to reload all caches (log and descriptions would be fine). Or that function at personal created lists?
3. A manual Wink Some functions are a little unclear to me: (what means download all caches?, If I read existing CacheLogs one button is for example F176/D2 (meaning?)

Thanks a lot,

Daniela

iselia

Back to top Go down

2 more buttons Empty Re: 2 more buttons

Post  Admin Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:25 am

Good ideas.

As for item 3, we are trying to build up instructions in the FAQ section. Also, if you cant find your answer tere, post a question in the Help section.

Admin
Admin

http://gczii.newstarforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulLoft Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:19 am

iselia wrote:
3. A manual Wink Some functions are a little unclear to me: (what means download all caches?, If I read existing CacheLogs one button is for example F176/D2 (meaning?)

Hi Daniela,

Sorry, only just spotted this at the end of your post so if you are still reading this thread:

F176/D2 on the bottom of the logs screen indicates:

Found (F)=176
Did not find (D)=2

It's a summary of the logs (to save scrolling through them). It's not a button so pushing it doesn't do anything Very Happy

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:52 am

iselia wrote:Hi,....
2. A possibility to adjust a timespan for reload of a cache (of the list?) Some explenation for this request: If I understand it right, the list (prev. list) is loaded once and stored. If I have this list since a week and open a cache from it, the log entries and so on will be 1 week old? I would prefere a option to reload all caches (log and descriptions would be fine). Or that function at personal created lists?
This is probably too automated. If this was implemented, GroundSpeak would likely BAN GCzII again. Kind of like the Androind "The app that must not be named". I don't even know what app it is, but people keep getting their posts deleted etc.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulLoft Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:09 am

Admin wrote:
This is probably too automated. If this was implemented, GroundSpeak would likely BAN GCzII again. Kind of like the Androind "The app that must not be named". I don't even know what app it is, but people keep getting their posts deleted etc.

Yes, what IS that android app???

Can't ask on the forum as no one can type it even if they did know confused

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Post  Andronicus Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:05 pm

I googled it a couple of weeks ago, and it came right up. Don't remember though.

Andronicus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulLoft Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Andronicus wrote:I googled it a couple of weeks ago, and it came right up. Don't remember though.

DOH !!

Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

2 more buttons Empty C:geo?

Post  nsa_sailor Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:42 pm

nsa_sailor
nsa_sailor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulLoft Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:56 am

Thanks for the confirmation. I wonder why GS have such an extreme downer on this bit of software that they actually delete any reference to it.
Yet you are now allowed to type GCzII on their forums.

Something must have upset them.

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Post  tmax Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:27 am

PaulLoft wrote:I wonder why GS have such an extreme downer on this bit of software that they actually delete any reference to it.
Yet you are now allowed to type GCzII on their forums.

Maybe because they have their own Android App now that makes them money. Exclamation

GCz is allowed as there is no WinMo App imminent and a dwindling market anyway. Crying or Very sad

What IS the plan for GCz long-term Question

tmax

Back to top Go down

Post  iselia Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:30 am

Thanks for answering all my questions. Now that I know the Dxxx/Fxxx thing, it seems to be so logical.

iselia

Back to top Go down

Post  SecretAgentMan Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:48 pm

PaulLoft wrote:Thanks for the confirmation. I wonder why GS have such an extreme downer on this bit of software that they actually delete any reference to it.

I just seen posts on the GS GPS and Technology forum with c:geo in them. They may have stopped deleting the name . . . 2 more buttons Icon_basketball

SecretAgentMan

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulLoft Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:31 am

I thought it was programmed in, didn't realise it was edited by human intervention.

PaulLoft

Back to top Go down

Post  SecretAgentMan Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:44 am

PaulLoft wrote:I thought it was programmed in, didn't realise it was edited by human intervention.

I thought it was scripted to. I was just thinking they turned it off.

SecretAgentMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:32 am

GCzII used to be considered evil as well, Maybe the developer made nice with GS.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum